1. There shall be two different categories of competition in 4th Bengal International Short Film Festival’ 2019 :
a) Indian Film & b) Foreign Film
2. There shall be one categories of Films in 4th Bengal International Short Film Festival’ 2019:
a) Short Film
3. All Short Films shot on any medium, size, gauge and format including Digital between 1st March, 2018 to 28th February, 2019 within duration of 2 minutes to 40 minutes are eligible for participation (including front and back credits).
4. The entry form/application will be considered valid only on receipt of Administrative film submission entry fee by Cash or Demand Draft or Cheque, or Money Transfer in favour of BENGAL INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL and the fees non refundable in any case. Payment proof of deposit/transfer (with transfer date, place, account name and bank name) etc. needs to be send for verification at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Any Short Films which were submitted in 1st , 2nd & 3rd Bengal International Short Film Festivals (wthether selected or not) will not be accepted and if submitted, will be liable for disqualified and/or rejected. Submission fee will not be refunded in such an event under any circumstances.
6. Entries MUST be submitted in DATA MP4 format only. All other formats including NTSC will not be accepted.
7. File size of submitted films should not exceed 3 GB.
8. Entries of all Short Films shall be accepted only in DVD for Technical Committee, Selection Committee & Jury Panel. The festival authorities shall not be held liable for non screening of any submitted Short Film due to defective DVD or any other reason whatsoever.
9. Entries of all films shall be accepted only in DVD OR Online screener. Two DVD’s of the film need to be submitted along with the entry & each preview DVD should be labelled with the title, running- time /duration, language, contact email, phone number & signature of applicant. After official selection, 2 DVD’s without watermark needs to submit again OR through Online screener for projection and promotional purpose.
10. DVD’s or Online Preview link for Selection
DVD’s or online preview links of films may also be sent for purpose of selection (selection committee of 4th BISFF) only so as to reach the Festival Director not later than 28th February, 2019. DVD’s may also be sent through diplomatic channels or online preview link with secure password.
11. YouTube, Vimeo and Google Drive links are also acceptable for screener/pre selection/preview purpose.
12. Films already released on YouTube are also eligible for participation.
13. The short film can be of any language or of any genre. All non-English films must have English subtitles for festival presentation.
14. If a film is not eligible to be entered in competitive section, it may be eligible for non competition section. The decision for selecting any film for competitive and/or non competitive section solely lies on the jury and festival committee.
15. All Shortlisted entries (Official Selected Films) will be screened by Festival Committee.
16. A complete screening schedule of top selected films shall be put up on the festival website.
17. Films can be submitted by any Organization, Agency, Individual Producer or Director.
18. Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms & separate preview DVD, Synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed with each form. Each film will be considered as independent entry.
19. Short Films selected by the selection committee for screening in the Festival. Those films shall be forwarded to Jury members for their opinion and decision for awards.
20. The decision of selection committee & Jury panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Finalists will be notified by mail and/or email.
21. A complete screening schedule of selected films shall be put on the festival website and all participants will be individually informed through email.
22. Selection of Short Films for 4th Bengal International Short Film Festival 2019 will be done by a panel of committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and section and is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society and for any circumstances festival committee will not be answerable for such decision to any person(s), or company or organisation.
23. The Festival authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screenings) in different cities of India on non- commercial basis. For promotional/publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any television network /internet or related media during the festival period.
24. Transportation and insurance cost of DVD’s, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
25. 4th Bengal International Short Film Festival Committee shall use the photographs, Clippings and publicity materials received along with the Entry for festival promotional purposes and the same will not be returned to be entrants and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
26. Censorship will not be applicable to any films / videos entered in the festival.
27. For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
28. Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
29. Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film. For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organisers.
30. All short listed entries (Official Selected Films) will receive a certificate which will be distributed in special programme on a particular day during the festival.
31. Cost of courier charge will cover the submitter or Director or Producer, if you are not coming in Kolkata at the day of Award Ceremony.
32. DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical/quality defect.
33. Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
34. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official festival rules and regulations as established herein. The 4th Bengal International Short Film Festival, 2019 reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, likeness and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without any objection and claim.
35. Decision of the Festival Authority regarding all maters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondences in any regard will be accepted and considered under any circumstances.
36. All submitted Short Films should be original works of film maker and shall not infringe and/or violate copyright whatsoever in nature and dubbed version is not allowed.
37. Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
38. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in their short film or documentary. By entering the festival, the entrant agrees that the 3rd BISFF will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film/ documentary and/or any kind of royalty.
39. The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.